Day 6 Christchurch (sort of)
I had a delicious cookie from C1 Espresso for breakfast. I don't know if I can properly rate the restaurant since I only got snack-ish type items but I'll give my limited impression...
Rating
5/5: Open fairly early which was a lifesaver. They offer several vegan options for breakfast and lunch. A tad more than I wanted to spend but I was totally okay with it once I realized how delectable the sweets I bought were.
We went on an all-day Alpine Safari Day Tour. Unfortunately there had been a fire on the tracks, so it turned into a ride in a jeep instead of on a train. We were given a partial refund, so I imagine the train would have been more scenic. We drove through a farm where the driver pointed out the difference between the "wool" sheep and the "meat" sheep (the meat sheep hadn't been sheered recently) which was of course unsettling to me. Lunch was alright—I was given a plain baked potato and was able to eat some salad and bread. Needless to say, not my favorite experience.
Dad arranged for us to have dinner with a New Zealander he had met in the U.S. during a gathering for pilots. We ate at an Italian restaurant called Tutto Bene that had a separate vegan menu with lots of options. I picked what I thought to be the most unusual which was a pizza with pumpkin as one of the toppings. It was absolutely fantastic, and the pizza was big enough that even though I was really hungry I probably should not have eaten it all in one sitting.
Rating
5/5: Even though it was a bit expensive, the portions were large and food was worth it.

Comments
Post a Comment