Day 8 Dunedin -> Te Anau

I ate breakfast at the Black Cat Cafe. They were open when I got there but only serving two items for breakfast, one in the case and one in the back. I ordered the one in the case which was an apricot slice, and it just didn't hit the spot for me. 
Rating
2/5 for having very few options and taste and texture of what I did get was off.



For lunch I went to Modaks Espresso. I ordered a mexi loaded baked potato which ended up being some sort of chili lentil potato—they did come out and apologize for the substitution and make sure it would be okay first—plus a piece of the most decadent mocha cake. Planning ahead, I also bought a savory scroll for dinner and an apple rhubarb slice for breakfast.  
Rating
4/5 for being out of what I ordered, plus the potato was a bit dry and could have used more sauce.





Since Te Anau had not a single vegan-friendly restaurant open for dinner except Subway, which I have not eaten at since I got food poisoning there a decade ago, I had the savory scroll I bought from Modaks at lunchtime. Unfortunately there was no microwave in the hotel room so it tasted just a bit strange, but I was told in the restaurant to make sure to heat it up so I can't hold that against them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4 Auckland -> Rotorua

Day 7 Christchurch -> Dunedin

Day 6 Christchurch (sort of)