Day 9 Te Anau -> Queenstown
For breakfast I had the apple rhubarb slice from Modaks Espresso. It was evidently also loaded with coconut because it soaked through not one but two of those brown bags pastries go in. The flavor was nice but it was so rich I could only eat half at a time.
The better part of the day was taken up driving to and from Milford Sound for a Real Journeys Scenic Cruise which I highly recommend. The lunch wasn't too exciting: apple, grapes, olives, and a carrot/lettuce/tomato sandwich, but at least they tried. If possible, bring some additional snacks because it was pretty low-calorie.
The better part of the day was taken up driving to and from Milford Sound for a Real Journeys Scenic Cruise which I highly recommend. The lunch wasn't too exciting: apple, grapes, olives, and a carrot/lettuce/tomato sandwich, but at least they tried. If possible, bring some additional snacks because it was pretty low-calorie.
We didn’t get to Queenstown until 8:30 p.m. I wanted to try out Fergburger since it’s world famous but was told there would be at least a 45 minute wait. Devil Burger had ratings just as good and was closer to our hotel so we went there instead. I asked if the buns were vegan and was told no immediately. Employees weren't sure about the wraps, so they read the ingredients on the package and after some debate concluded yes. I ordered the Bad Girl wrap (no cheese) and curry fries. I pictured them as being curry seasoned, but actually they were covered in a curry sludge which after a while kind of gelled and the fries got soggy and I started to doubt whether the curry sauce was even vegan (I had forgotten to ask). It was a lot of food and I’m sure that’s the main reason I did not feel great after this meal, especially since it was after 10 p.m. and we went to bed as soon as we got back to the hotel.
Rating
3/5: The food made me feel gross and sluggish afterwards, and it wasn’t so good that it was worth that feeling. Plus it wasn’t labeled vegan and I have my doubts.


Comments
Post a Comment